Sunday, September 6

Second Book Update

Hi again everybody. One more update on how the book is coming, because it's almost done!

I'm now up to almost 80,000 words and I am done the first pass. After this it's just a lot of proof reading and revising. On the last update (Book Update) I brought you up to Chapter 21. That was Julie character's childhood, meeting and marrying David, episodes at church, and episodes with David's younger sister Beatrice. Since then I moved the focus very much to Julie's grownup family spankings, where the cast of characters includes David, Julie's Mom and Dad, Julie's older sister Sue, and Julie's younger sister Nancy. Julie is 23 years old in this universe, and so Nancy was 18 and Sue 26.

Here is the table of contents for the new part. I added 11 chapters and 130 or so pages bringing the final book to 32 chapters, 330 pages, 80,000 words. A quite decent-sized read that I will not be ashamed to put up for sale on the Kindle Store next to my first book which was about the same length.

I'll describe each of my new chapters so you'll see how I'm doing this.

In Chapter 22, "Julie's Family Spanking", Julie gets to be so she does not want to hide her spanked wife status from her closest family. As she's not sure how accepting her parents will be and wants to test the waters, she talks David into giving her a little "joke spanking" in front of her family over her clothes. Sound familiar? It is! It's what I did with David once. I replayed that real-life incident as described in Julie Spanked in Front of Family! I had to change a couple of things to make it fit the characters, but I essentially reused most of the writing from that blog, just because it was still so fresh in my mind when I wrote it, that no other remembrances of it did it justice.

Chapter 23, "Discussion with Sue", is a bit of a bridge chapter where Julie has a discussion with big sister Sue about her spankings before Julie broaches it with her parents. In real-life, Sue has been in on my kink from almost the start and this was never necessary. But in the book this is where Sue is introduced not to kink, but rather my Christian Domestic Discipline and we talk about it. Some of that actually did happen around my DD Contract, and I draw from that discussion for inspiration. While not fully buying it, Sue nonetheless offers to pave the way with Mom and Dad.

Chapter 24, "I Tell Mom", is where Julie talks with her Mom about her Domestic Discipline arrangement. While I had to change a fair bit to make it fit, this is heavily influenced by the discussions I had with Mom and David and I with both parents when we unveiled my short-lived DD contract to them, recounted in Honesty is the Very Best Policy. I changed it up a lot though to better fit the story and omitted the r/l demo spanking as not fitting the vibe. It needed to be a real-life spanking for cause, which happens next chapter.

Chapter 25, "Sunday Spanking", recounts my first spanking from David in front of my close family. I based it on a stunt I wanted to pull but wound up not doing, which was to "accidentally" break some dishes and have David spank me for being careless. Well, since the book is fiction, Julie character did for real accidentally break some dishes, after being warned to be careful by Mom and ignoring the advice, and that brought up some repressed emotions in her/my parents about me never listening to advice when I was younger and worrying them a lot as a result. So Mom wanted her pound of flesh and had Daddy spank me while she watched and directed, also drawn from some r/l influences.

Chatper 26, "Nancy Gets Spanked", fleshes out the little sister Nancy character. she is 18 and starting to go down the same path Julie did, getting really bad grades in first year. Heavily influenced by what they heard about David's handling of his little sister Bea, and how David handles me, they decide to reinstate spankings for Nancy. I do not see that first spanking, but the whole thing is relayed to me third hand from Sue getting the story from Mom, so it has a cool real-life "gossipy" feel to it. It also sets the stage for Mom and Dad becoming spankers again, which will be useful!

Chapter 27, "My Sister Spanks Me" is super-heavily based on the first spanking I received from my real-life sister Sue. I borrowed a lot of the detailed events and writing and changed what I had to in order to make it fit. I still wound up cumming while straddling her tweed pants, which (blush!) happened, though this stretches the adage of "truth stranger than fiction". That was recounted in Spanked by My Sister and there's even a picture of me right afterwards taken by Sue.

Poor little bum!

Chapter 28, "A Double Spanking at the Lake", has David and Julie character joining Dad and Mom, Sue, and Nancy at the cottage on the lake. Nancy and Julie get a double spanking from David and Dad. The incident is based on a real thing I did at the cottage, which was to bust the propeller on Dad's powerboat by driving it over some shallow rocks. I was an older teenager and we were not spanked at that age, but I'm sure Daddy wanted to. Well, fictional Daddy gets his revenge in this chapter! The double-spanking involves full nudity with naked timeout on the front deck facing the lake. Hoots and hollers are heard from boaters, and some prude even calls the cops who wind up being sympathetic with Dad, but ask him to put his naked daughters inside the cottage, please. Ha ha! I had fun writing this chapter, "punishing" myself properly for wrecking Dad's boat back then.

Chapter 29, "Partners in Crime" recount a bunch of miscellaneous quick spankings for both Nancy and myself, and culminates in a situation where Nancy was out on a date and broke curfew and asked me to cover for her saying that she returned on time and we had been chatting ever since. I reluctantly agreed to go along, trying to improve relations with my sister. We wound up both repeating multiple bald-faced lies to both Mommy and Daddy, we were found out, and we suffered the consequences which involved a severe paddling from Daddy for the both of us, and then an embarrassing bare naked birching plus switching from Mom and Sue to both of us at the same time. It was so bad I also peed myself again, naked, right out on the deck!

Chapter 30, "Spanked in Front of the Butcher", is based on a real-life transgression I was never punished for, where I stole some herbs from the butcher intended for customers, when in fact I had bought the meat at the cheaper grocers. David finds out and punishes me, including a trip to the butcher's for an apology where I wind up being spanked in front of him and his two boys. Should have happened like that!

Chapter 31, "Julie Diapered?", is where I am put into diapers by David for never being able to hold my pee for a full car ride. There is foreshadowing of this event throughout the book, so I had to end it here. I get diapered in front of the family!

Chapter 32, "Child No Longer", I have not written entirely yet, but I intend to end it with Julie maturing sufficiently that David believes she is ready for children and then getting her knocked up. A nice way to round out the arc of the book, I thought.

So there you have it. I  think it's a neat book. Now back to revise and polish!

Hey, and any idea on how I should price it? Should I make it part of Amazon Prime where members can read for free. Or should I give it a discrete price. And if so, what do you think is reasonable for a book like this? Is $6.99 US too much? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks.

40 comments:

  1. I'm impressed at how fast you seem to write! Can't wait to read the book! As for the price, I'm not really sure, but for 80 000 words, $6.99 doesn't seem too much in my opinion, although I know prices for that kind of books can be a bit competitive on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think blogging is great practice for writing, and I had many real world incidents and bits and pieces to draw on.

      There's no sense over pricing it if it results in way less readership. What do you think would be a competitive price?

      Delete
    2. Not an expert by any means, but I think $4.99 would be a good competitive price looking at similar kind of books lenght and genre wise. But personally, having read your first book, I'd happily pay $6.99 to read it and I'm sure a lot of people would as well!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, great feedback!

      Delete
  2. You book is going to be a good read, and you are putting a lot of work into it.
    For spankos like us it should be very entertaining.
    archedone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope so. That's my intent anyways. I'm having fun with it (and I always know a chapter is good when I get so horny thinking about I need to take care of it!)

      Delete
    2. Do you ever get off imagining that you are reading this or that chapter to someone you know (except your family)?

      Delete
    3. No, that had not occurred to me. I'll give it a try.

      Delete
  3. I hope Nancy has a plump butt because she's so greedy and everyone laughs at her and her big bum when she's pantsed to be spanked.
    In the book project, there was mention of a younger brother, Aunties, Uncles, and younger eighteen-year-old boy cousins?
    Ph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Nancy starts off chubby, but through the miracle motivation of spanking gets very successful slimming down a bit, though she still have such huge tits, I am envious.

      Delete
    2. From the picture above, don't worry about your tits. I'm sure they're as awesome as that spanked booty!

      Delete
  4. Your price is reasonable Jules. You put a great deal of time and effort into this. I do prefer and look forward to your non-fiction though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There shall be more of that! Though lately I've been neglecting my kink life with all my sexual imagination directed to the book. I think David is starting to get annoyed, as are my fans!

      Delete
    2. Perhaps you should get into your “little attire”, present yourself before David with head lowered, and apologize for being neglectful while asking him for a long spanking and long timeout?

      Delete
    3. Long spanking sounds nice...

      Delete
    4. Non-fiction time young lady. Let’s get you dressed up and into the corner, before we have to involve Sue.

      Delete
  5. You plan on to sale any copy of your books even sign copy of the book for us i love hear read more of your spanking experience as ik rub myself thinking of spanking by you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be printing any, so no way to sign :-(

      Delete
    2. yes no way to sign printing much easier worth shot can't blame for trying

      maybe offer give us virtual spanking for buying hard spanking for bad review

      Delete
  6. Your price is not only reasonable, but a bargain. Love your style and appreciate your efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great book, was wondering if you were at all going to include the time you were dressed like a Naughty lil school girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am made to dress like that for little kids Sunday Scool. Apparently I needed to learn humility..l

      Delete
    2. Actually talking about getting a paddle in the mail & you asking a lady friend to use it on you

      Delete
    3. NO, it doesn't fit, though the character of David's sister Bea does a little.

      Delete
  8. $ 6.99 is a little cheap store marketing.
    $ 6.50 = € 5.50 = makes a nice round figure for the United States and Europe.
    (or $ 7.15 = € 6.05?)
    Free? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Heavenly Father here. How about a maintenance spanking every Sunday before church? The sabbath is a time to reflect on me as your god and there’s no better way for mortals to stay in the moment than being stripped and spanked. You can recite the Lord’s Prayer whilst receiving your maintenance. Especially useful for Nancy I deem. Gracious God.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When do you envision the story available for sale on Amazon?

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cost to publish will be a shock, $6.99 will means sales, but your investment you might want to think a dollar or two higher.Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already know from my first book. I'm clearly not in it for the money!

      Delete
  12. I told you I finally gave my wife a spanking. I soundly spanked her bare bottom, but she said that was the first and last time I would give her a spanking. Some women enjoy it, she does not. But you on the other hand enjoy getting and giving, do you have a preference? I'm spanked for punishment, I really did not like spanking my wife. This male just enjoys have the female in charge. I have improved over her lap, hurts, but our marriage is strong. Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am switch, I like it both ways!

      Delete
    2. Liking it both ways, still do you have a preference?

      Delete
    3. It's comparing apples and oranges. Great things to like about both.

      Delete
  13. Nice Julie, just got a spanking from my wife, she bought a new pair of wooden slippers but she slipped while wearing them, so she decided to use them in something else that is warming my ass.
    This was the first time we buy a wooden slipper and really it is slippy but as a spanking implement it is painful.
    In fact it feels like a wooden paddle rather than a slipper.

    ReplyDelete