Wednesday, May 19

New Book - Rings of Consent

I started in on my new book project last weekend. I'm calling it,

Rings of Consent
Interviews and commentaries on Ontario's
new consensual discipline laws and their
impact on society.

by
Julie Delmar

I think it will be great! If anybody has some idea for a cover that is suitable on Amazon (no explicit nudity), please let me know.

So far I've written the preface and the first chapter. I did a trial balloon of my concept on my post Consent Ring Gets Nod in Ontario.

I decided to lead off the Preface with this:

This book is offered as a work of fiction for your entertainment and amusement. It posits an alternative universe where domestic discipline among consenting adults has been normalized and fully legalized in the Canadian province of Ontario. Intrepid investigative journalist Julie Delmar sets off on a titillating quest to interview founders, practitioners, and bystanders. This is their stories told in their words.

I mention it is fictional right off the bat. I don't want folks getting mad and googling and all that and then calling me a liar, liar, pants on fire. But even before the end of the paragraph I'm already starting to write as if it was real, "their stories told in their words". I want to start confusing the readers a bit right up front in this way, get their brains reeling a bit back and forth so they can settle into the "what if?" universe I'm about to create for them.

The preface then goes on to talk a bit about me and my real-life relationship to consensual domestic discipline. At first this was ridiculously long, with lots of sexy real-life stuff to illustrate, but it had gotten way too long. I need punchy chapters! Like a butcher first, and then a surgeon, I cut it way back down to size. Because I can't stand killing my word babies like that, I cut and paste them into a section at the back of the document: Tumbolia. I would have plenty of time to recount sexy goings on in the interview chapters, and those hard won turns of phrases may yet see the light of day. I managed to get the Preface down to a fairly tight 4 pages so we could get on with the action more quickly.

I did, however, leave in the bit that explains that these relationships were by no means exclusive to women on the bottom, and I plan on the book being roughly 50/50 male and female bottoms with some gay and lesbian and gender non-comforming folks in there as well.

The Preface ends with,

But at this stage in my life, I am not ashamed I am a spanked wife and do wish more people could know it. I know that currently that it is not possible outside of a very few close and trusted family and friends, or a kink gathering which for me does not satisfy this need. But I dream of a society where it would be mainstream and acceptable to have people in general know this about me and to even witness my spankings with approval and encouragement. This would of course embarrass me to no end, being spanked in public, but would be a potent disciplinary tool for my husband to use and would dramatically increase the intensity of the experience for me.

This thought was the genesis for this book. What if? What if our consensual domestic discipline arrangements could be officially recognized and registered? What if society was accepting of the fact that people like me benefit from these sorts of arrangements? What if public indecency laws were exempted for this purpose and the oft promised most dreaded public bare-bottomed spanking was fully legalized between consenting adults? What if the public were supportive of the positive mental health benefits that participants enjoy? What if people accepted that sexual arousal was a natural part of adult consensual discipline and not separable from it, and rather than being scandalized by it, would enjoy it and even tease the miscreant about it to add to her beneficial punishment?

Is this too far a stretch? Were not trans women scorned, vilified, and ridiculed only a scant decade ago? Yet now, as they should, they are beginning to enjoy recognition, respect, and specifically equal treatment under the law. Why not the same societal respect for consensual domestic discipline arrangements?

Why not indeed? Let us dream...

Those paragraphs became very heartfelt for me. Our kink is very poorly understood and is still not very socially acceptable, is it? We hide behind anonymous identities and scurry away at the slightest risk of discovery. Why does this have to be? Why do we have to be so ashamed of who we are??? The parallels with gays from another era, or trans folks today, is actually a bit striking when you think of it.

Writing the end to that Preface actually fired me up to totally "come out" and to promote exactly the sort of movement I am writing about in this book. They say to change things you need to paint a picture for yourself and others of what a better life could be like. Perhaps that will be my contribution?


I've also finished a first cut at the first chapter. I interview Christie-Ann Somers, who is one of the founders of the movement. The name choice is conscious. I wanted to evoke a bit of "Christ-like" passion, give a little nod to Christian Domestic Discipline, our brothers and sisters in lived kink, and also the notion of a hopeful and languid summer after a harsh winter of struggle. Ann is a reference to Ann Torbet of Texas (see below), and the hyphenated name invokes a Southern girl getting the strap, at least in my mind.

New York Post, 15 September 1977
Student Gets Her Spanking
Mrs. Ann Torbet of Texas with the belt she used to punish her
daughter Tammy. After Mrs. Torbet objected to the paddling of
her daughter at school a compromise was reached whereby she
was allowed to come to the school and administer punishment
with the belt she used for home discipline. An assistant principal
of the school was quoted as saying: "Tammy would have been
better off taking the paddle swats from us: her Mom really
sizzled her behind with that strap."

In Chapter 1, Christie-Ann explains how she and her partner had the cops called on them by apartment neighbors fearing domestic abuse and hearing Christie-Ann calling out for her partner to "stop, please stop!". When the cops arrived they doubted it was consensual and detained the partner despite Christie-Ann's attempted explanation of consensual non-consent. As a result of the perceived injustice and subsequent ridicule when the truth came out, the pair launched a movement to bring awareness to couples such as themselves. The movement grew and eventually they lobbied for the law to be changed. In Christie-Ann's words:

At a certain point we had gained a lot of positive attention and more and more people were practicing the lifestyle. We did some police outreach, and we found out, just like in our case, they were pretty much hamstrung by policy if they encountered a spanking couple. So we worked with them and with some cooperative Provincial Members of Parliament, to draft a bill that gave more concrete guidance to police and citizens.

Basically, the proposed law made it illegal to interfere with the administration of corporal punishment between consenting adults. You were required to pause and give your names if asked and produce evidence of a contract. If the punishment were unreasonably beyond what the contract allowed for, police or citizens in general could intervene, but otherwise it was hands off. You could literally be fined or go to jail if you tried to stop a punishment when a reasonable person would consider it to be within the contract bounds.

We also very deliberately included the ability to apply corporal punishment in public spaces. The contract had to specifically allow it and had to specifically call out the maximum allowed level of undress. Under those conditions you were exempt from any public indecency or nudity-type laws when the purpose was disciplinary.

We thought it was important to allow for discipline in public spaces. This thing is part of us. We're built this way. We don’t want to have to hide it in public. It would be like banning two gay guys kissing in public. It's not on. Our purpose is to normalize this, and if it makes a few people uncomfortable along the way, well so be it.

It was introduced in the Ontario legislature as a private member's bill, and surprisingly there was very little opposition. The left saw it as another intersectional identity that ought to be protected. The Christian right were proponents. The more libertarian conservatives were all for government getting out of the way of consensual relationships. Some of the centrists were concerned about public decency type concerns, but with the Christian right on our side the objections really couldn't be sustained. And besides, the 'old-fashioned values' crowd were also on our side. As a result, there was no serious opposition and the bill sort of sailed through.

The not-for-profit organization that Christie-Ann founded, called "Rings of Consent" facilitated the administration of the law. Christie-Ann explains.

The law does not specify how you identify yourself and produce the contract, so we step in to make that a bit more convenient for folks. The rings we sell now have unique RFID tags inside of them, and we have an app that can directly take you to the bottom's registration information. There's a photograph on the site, so that's the equivalent to a photo id which serves as adequate identification anywhere in the Province. And the contract is accessible right there. We use blockchain technology to make sure the contract being viewed is the most up-to-date one signed by the ring holder. We sell the rings and continue as a non-profit, providing educational information about the lifestyle and how to practice it safely and get the most from it.

So you see, not so implausible after all is it? Huh? Huh? Huh? I can totally see that happening here in Ontario.

That sort of sets up the book. the rest of the chapters will be interviews with all sorts of other people. I plan on starting mild and getting more freaky towards the end, introducing a spate of interesting characters as we go.

Should be a good read, no? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

69 comments:

  1. So far, so good! Very intrigued as to where this goes. Ann Summers is a high street retailer here in the UK, they describe themselves as a "Playful lingerie chain supplying women's underwear, fancy dress outfits and bedroom toys." Women hold parties where they show off different products and try and convince other women to order. So to a UK reader it's a bit like naming your character Chrissie-Victoria Secret!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. Yet another appropriate intersection for the name.

      Delete
  2. Hey maybe your book will kickstart the movement to do this for real. Wouldn't that be a trip? Could usher in a new era in Ontario tourism, for a start. I foresee the movement could have its own festivals even, like Lupercalia, and Walpurgisnacht. - Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only dream! As "founder" I imagine David and I would be called on a lot to "demonstrate" for the press and visiting dignitaries.

      Delete
  3. A bit like the way you conducted your negotiations with Mr. Steven, one could imagine a chapter on negotiations between centrists and right-wing Christians on what it is (or has been if the debate has already taken place) conceivable of 'authorize and prohibit on a very concrete and very raw (crude) level, with great precision in the descriptions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely an interview with a Christian pastor who can speak to what went down during the negotiations.

      Delete
  4. You are certainly correct there would be little opposition to this kind of legislative measure. In most states in the U.S. (maybe even all of them), consensual spanking with a professional dom is legal as long as there is no sex. If that's legal, hard to see why there would be much opposition to consensual, nonprofessional spanking. The biggest problem would be finding legislators willing to come out of the closet to propose the bill. Be sure to build in a Bumble-type website, where women must make the first contact with a man in proposing to either be spanked or to spank the man. As a guy, I'd find that real exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that's perhaps something the RingsOfConsent people could add to their site.

      Delete
    2. "Little opposition" in the US? Are you sure about that? Before you say anything you should do two things: First have a Power and Control Wheel:https://www.theduluthmodel.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/PowerandControl.pdf Note it is explicitly sexist in its language and assumptions, this is defended in a faq on the site. It also contains double standards on behavior DUE to its sexism and its so broadly worded and conceived that just about everyone occasionally exhibits some of these behaviors in and out of relationships.
      https://www.acesdv.org/domestic-violence-graphics/

      Now , certain US court cases have already ruled that States could regulate or ban even consensual adult BDSM as there is no 'compelling government interest' in protecting the behaviors involved (such as tying, spanking, pulling hair, etc). Over my lifetime (I'm nearly 50 now) the definitions of abuse have expanded and expanded both legally and in terms of policies. Meanwhile the requirements for consent have only gotten tighter and tighter. I wish I had your conviction about how easy this would be, but everything I've ever read or seen in the news tells me this will never happen, at least not in my lifetime, and possibly not ever in the present 'legal system'. As it is most BDSM couples will have to operate in the 'shadow of the law' always aware that they are one complaint or one over zealous prosecutor away from serious charges that could destroy their lives and even that of their loved ones.


      Delete
  5. Ms SJ

    I wonder if my obsession with being Irene’s naughty panty boy would be the same, if it were socially acceptable. I wonder if it’s scandalous nature might be part of what turns me, and us, on.

    I don’t know. The thought of a few of her girlfriends knowing is titillating, especially if they wanted to join,

    Having said this, a few folks do know but not in detail Her sister found a riding crop. A former Neighbor heard the noises, etc.

    Rosco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some older gay men I know say it used to be more fun being gay when it was so taboo, though they would not trade back.

      I think, even with the passing of these laws, a panty boy like you spanked in the Starbucks would still get you going, bad boy. It would be very socially acceptable for the witnesses to tease and make fun, part of the "support" for the lifestyle.

      Delete
    2. A few years ago I watched the documentary Small Town Gay Bar, about a bar/motel (I think? They certainly had beds!) out of town in some redneck part of America. Men in the area had literally been killed for being homosexual, so the patrons were essentially risking their lives to a degree just by going there. Needless to say, it was something of a bacchanalia! I remember one bar worker mentioning a time he saw one guy fucking another with a beer bottle just outside the bar. His response was to plead with them with exasperation: "Come on guys, wait until we've opened up!"

      Delete
  6. I am in awe of how fast a writer you are. It takes me days to finish a spanking story and a book would take me months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am quick, but especially for a book I will revise endlessly to make it punchy and readable, so wind up taking months!

      Delete
  7. Sad you shut down comments on a post only 2 days after putting it up. I mean, I was actually there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My apologies, Clarence. While it's fun for a bit, I need to consider my mental health when the hateful zombie-minded loons come out. It's not good for my girlish temperament to keep smacking them down so hard. I feel rested and recovered though, I'll open it up for a bit again now that it's off the top-of-the-blog just for you!

      Delete
    2. Hmm. I don't know why, but I was embarrassed to have sent this and half expected to be told off or put in the corner. I mean it is your blog. Thanks for the nice reply. I don't check your blog every day, sometimes its as little as 2 or 3 times a week, so I was kinda bummed to have missed out on commenting on that post. And I'm sorry to hear you felt attacked :( Anyway, I'll put something about my experiences there and you or anyone else can read it if they want.

      Delete
    3. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

      But I think you are aware of this. It's your performance art which we all love

      Delete
    4. I don't understand pot and kettle. Can you elaborate?

      Delete
  8. Jillian Keenan, in one of her videos, asserts that in Canada currently, you can't give permission for someone to spank you. That it's still assault even if the recipient has given permission. Do you know any more about this? Seems like if there is such a law that would need to somehow change to accommodate this new law you are proposing. - Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not clear on that at all. Seems absolutely ridiculous and yet typically Canadian. But things like that is exactly why these laws needed to be passed.

      Delete
  9. I appreciate your mid-term goal of signing up with David on a realistic project. Why not start by bringing together a number of cafes and restaurants: a sign on the outside storefront would indicate that they are members of "ring of consent", and customers would know, when they entered, which area of freedom they were in.
    Ah Ah! to see you walk in with David, the first time, getting a little red in the face...
    James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sexy!
      Next time I misbehave.
      David: Come on Julie, we're going to the Consent Cafe.
      Me: No! Please! come on! noooooo!

      Delete
    2. Yes and there would be a name for establishments of that kind. People could call it a "spankeasy". - Frank

      Delete
  10. Not sure if this book is the right place, but wondering if there will be anything in it for your diaper play fans? Or is that a different work somewhere down the line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Planning that already

      Delete
    2. Oooohhhh... please do tell!

      Delete
    3. I'm thinking maybe a husband having a temper tantrum getting put into a diaper in a public location?

      Delete
  11. Really like the realistic style of this (not sure what the term is when it's a book, if it was a TV show I guess it would be 'documentary-style'). I'm sure the neighbours who called the police will be ring-bearers themselves a few weeks later!
    The 'Student Gets Her Spanking' piece is good too, maybe there could be a Canadian equivalent? Tammy Torbet looks a real cutie, I bet that assistant principal enjoyed watching her get her bottom sizzled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do appreciate the reference to the sexual aspects of such a relationship. It is rather remarkable how many a spanked woman is very much aroused and in need of penetration by her man after the initial agony of the spanking has passed.

    Funnily enough, many conservative Protestant/traditional Catholic communities view the wedding ring along the lines of what you describe for the Ring of Consent. We have many friends from such a community. While wife spankings/discipline are usually not discussed, one lady (a dear friend of us both to the point we can discuss our intimate relationships) made a comment along the lines of "When I swore to my husband before God and our families that I would be his wife to have him and hold him, I meant it. My body became his and his became mine. He knows I will consent and submit to him whenever and however he wishes and that I wholly desire to do so. It is frankly wonderful and thrilling to know that anytime we are alone, I may be taken. My acceptance of his ring at our wedding meant that I gave my consent to him that he may spank my bottom for correction or enter my body for pleasure at any time." She is not a docile little flower of a Stepford wife but instead honestly one the bubbliest, most joyful, most content people I've ever met. Baby number 5 is in the oven for them and they clearly adore each other so it appears things are going as they want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds perfect. I wish more women embraced that ethos.

      Delete
  13. je lis les livres en langue anglaise du kindle sur ordinateur, sur amazone avec traducteur S3, jusque ici c'était très bien mais malheureusement la traduction ne fonctionne plus !
    j'ai alerté amazone sur tchat, et la personne à essayé de réparer mais n'y ai pas arrivé.
    c'est fort dommage car vos livres, je les ai acheté sur amazone avec traduction , mais comme je ne connais pas l'anglais, si je ne peux plus lire les livres en anglais, je me désabonne de amazone...
    Si vous avez la possibilité de leur signaler cet état de fait , je vous en remercie, car la plupart des livres sur la fessée, sont en langue anglaise , très peu en Français ...
    c'est fort dommage, je suis frustré de ne plus pouvoir acheter les livres...
    j'ai bien sur les fessées de mes filles, mais j'aime aussi lire les histoires bien écrites comme les votres...
    Un lecteur déçu par cet ennui technique qui l'empêche de lire vos livres sur amazone...
    En plus ce n'est que sur amazone et kindle, que la traduction ne fonctionne plus, car sur toutes les pages du net ça fonctionne très bien, et c'est comme ça que je peux suivre votre blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps I can do a translation myself, or you can help? I'll convert the document first via machine and then we can edit it together?

      Delete
    2. ce n'est qu'un problème d'amazone avec la traduction de kindle sur ordinateur, c'est a eux de régler ce problème, je les ai informé, j'espère qu'il pourront remédier ce problème , car du coup j'ai annuler mon abonnement ...

      Delete
  14. Yesssss! I can't wait to see where you take this idea. This is so unique and I wish I could read it right now, today. I do have a question for you, how much do I need to donate to get a cameo in your book? LOL.

    Such a sexy idea, so many possibilities. Love it and cant wait to read it.

    -Kasey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh... Oh gawd what have I gotten myself into? Lol! It was a joke but I'm super honoured you'd include me, if you do! I give you full creative liberty, but hey, if you got questions, you know my email.

      -Kasey

      Delete
    2. Thanks! There'll be a chapter "Kasey Brown" and it will weave in your back story as far as I know it, but I will just make up a lot of stuff as well!

      Delete
    3. Wow! I am super, super honoured, but also really, really scared and excited to see what you can come up with! No matter what you run with in the end, it's going to be fantastic and I can't wait. Thank you so much!

      -Kasey

      Delete
  15. You are just the most incredible ever...
    peter peter

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sorry to be such a party pooper. This will still probably be a great book Julie. I'm enjoying your ideas. I'm just not enjoying my memories of all the witch hunts I've seen over the past 30 years and how the BDSM legal situation never seems to improve though it can be tolerated more or less by those in power depending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly why we need a BDSM emancipation.

      Delete
  17. The fictional Ring of Consent is a good idea, reminiscent of the older people saying a smack did no harm....

    I can see the righteous fire brand Christians being very vocal in promoting your concept.

    I have written fiction where consent is a major part of the concept of BDSM as is Safe, sane and consensual.

    You may even persuade me to buy the book when it is finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm buying the book, guaranteed. Wouldn't miss it.

      Delete
    2. I hope so!
      Always thought the "sane" part was overrated, given the safe and consensual.

      Delete
  18. sisters pov... parents killed in car crash. brother going wild. ends up in court. judge sentences probation wearing ring. older sister in charge. younger sisters waiting to turn eighteen. length of probation till graduate college. report to female judge once every six months.

    your a good writer with a wicked imagination. if idea worthy i like to see where you take this. a good story line that could go from mild to wild

    good luck with book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that judges can impose voluntary ring bearing as an alternative to jail.

      Delete
  19. Julie, you may want to give some thought to including your thoughts on why people want to be spanked and humiliated. Is it somehow deep, dark and Freudian? I don't think so. THrill seeking behavior? Probably closer to the mark. Expiation of guilt? Sometimes, but perhaps not as often as is often suggested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all those things, but for me it's also that I don't like adulting as much as I thought I would when I was a teen and crave to get the feeling of being returned to a time certain decisions were not yet in my hands.

      Delete
    2. Or it could just be that it just feels good. haha I like thumpy things, and it almost feels like a massage and when it gets painful, a warm feeling takes over and I become slightly sweaty, hugely turned on!

      Delete
    3. The wonderful part of the interview technique is that it could give you the opportunity to investigate the many diverse reasons for being interested in spanking. Personally, as a submissive male I love the idea of having a strong woman, or even a man, redden my bare bottom, give me a good fucking and then send me off to fix breakfast. So much for male privelege.

      Delete
    4. My wife and I roleplay. One of our favorites is she comes home as a 50's husband, a plumber, uses her belt and then her strapon. But he best part is that, post orgasms, I am still her obedient wife doing house chores under her firm hand.

      Delete
    5. Not to beat a dead horse on this, but spanking (and why people want it, are fascinated by it, etc.) really does have a hold on a lot of people and has for centuries. A couple of weeks ago, my 90-plus year old mother in law swatted my 60-plus year old wife on the behind as she was bending over to pick up something. Isn't that kind of amazing? I urge you to explore these topics in your new book. By the way, I can't wait to buy it and read it!

      Delete
  20. "the feeling of being returned to a time certain decisions were not in my hands". Yeah, that's a big part of it. Where someone has power over you and can force you to accept unpleasant things, but in a safe way. Somehow the unpleasantness is overshadowed by the desire to have it happen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looking forward to reading this adventure of yours. I wonder if the title is something you could copyright, as I could see pay spanking websites making a movie or a series of spankings ten minute videos weekly using the concept exactly along these lines.
    Lovely fantasy that you and David would have to demonstrate for the public. Do remember me if you want to play out this scene of being spanked by David in a semi public setting, where I am the witness, who can describe my emotions and thoughts of this happening in public! Smiling at my fantasy.
    bottoms up
    red

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I should grab the domain name especially...

      Delete
  22. Your book could cover so much ground, your blog comments have to be filled with ideas. As you know my wife spanks me as punishment, and I mentioned while dating, wanted to be spanked, especially by an older woman. It was such a woman who gave me my first adult spanking, it hurt alot more than I thought, and pleading and begging for her to stop, she insured I learned my lesson. My wife insures that to this day. So maybe you could address from the woman's point of view, and how woman will not hold back and ensures the spanking is effective, especially of the male is consenting to it. I was shocked, my first spanking dance helped a little, but as the woman I was seeing stated, I looked just like a very naughty little boy, pants and underpants around the ankles, dancing around the room, rubbing, all on display. Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll cover the bases, jack.

      Delete
    2. Hello Jack,
      Do you have a secret?
      For some people, spanking fantasy is extremely repetitive. For instance, you may be someone who needs to repeat aloud a warning like "come here, immediately, you are going to have a spanking, come here right away, etc ..." in order to finally come.
      It is always the same few words but pronounced by varying the intonations. With a restricted vocabulary and situations, you manage not to repeat yourself too much and stay creative. Well done. A secret ?

      Delete
  23. This is an excellent idea, and a very promising book. I don't know about the realistic approach of "mainstream-ing" spanking though. It seems even the LGBTQ+ community has gotten "hetero-fied" as it gained "acceptance status" in societal and legal senses. Monogamy, marriage as a validation of relationships, penetration as an epitome of physical intimacy, "virginity" and "losing it" for "the right person", coupling sex with reproduction -- dating to sex to marriage to kids; or an alternative courtship to marriage to sex to kids --, and many other heteronormative notions were imposed on the LGBTQ community with legal and societal hindrances facing anyone stepping outside of those norms. I do believe, however, that it would be much easier to reintroduce the old-fashioned laws, (and, more importantly, societal norms) that would expand a man's authority to include his wife as it does his kids, (and that could easily involved spanking as well). I think your proposed preface even touched upon this: "And besides, the 'old-fashioned values' crowd were also on our side" I'd politely disagree with what "the old fashioned values' crowd" will stand behind- wording matters, and (wives must obey their husband and submit to them --consensually or not --) is not the same as (adult have the right to undergo physical punishment consensually regardless of the genders and relationships of the adult participantS (and that plural 's' implies 2, 3, or more!)
    Yeah, it will not be easy to convince traditionalists and conservatives to accept polyamory, homosexuality, and paraphilias just because the proposed law will "Make (some)Husbands Spankers Again"- They would just introduce that small, small "MHSA" subset separately and shut down the larger 'perverse bill'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps so! I think you've thought about more than I :-)

      Delete
  24. So Julie, did you finally get a spanking from Larry this past Victoria-Day weekend for leaving the cottage door ajar last fall? Enquiring minds want to know. - Frank

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still in "stay at home order" in idiot Ontario, but I BROKE THE LAW! Ha ha!

      Delete